NEw COVID-19 Restrictions
Effective Friday, December 17, 2021
Based on the updates provided by the Province on Monday, December 13, the Sportsplex will once again return to enforcing physical distancing. We will continue to enforce the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and mandatory masking.
- Online booking will return for all activity within the Sportsplex as of Friday, December 17.
- You can still book activities in person at the Welcome Desk.
- Booking for activities on Friday, December 17 will open tomorrow, Thursday, December 16 at 10 a.m.
- Booking for all other days going forward will be available starting Friday, December 17 at 10 a.m.
- Members will be able to book activities 7 days in advance, non-members will be able to book 5 days in advance.
- There are no limitations to the number of activities you can book in a day.
- The Sportsplex reserves the right to implement limitations on the number of activities people can book.
- Do not book activities you will not be attending.
- Bookings will be confirmed by staff at the door at the same time as checking for proof of vaccination.
- Online payment will not be returning.
- Everyone will be required to book the activity they wish to attend online and will not be charged.
- Members will continue to swipe their cards to access the facility.
- The Sportsplex will continue to accept punch cards, day passes, and payment at the welcome desk.
- The therapy pool will be closed.
- Designated eating and drinking zones will be removed. Eating and drinking will not be allowed.
- Community areas such as the benches, chairs, and tables will be closed. We ask that no one lingers in the building.
Please remember, masks are always required in the facility unless you are actively working out. You must wear them in washrooms and change rooms when reasonably able to, on the pool deck before getting into the pool, in the hallways, in the fitness centre when moving between equipment or spotting someone, in the gymnasium when sitting on the bench, etc. If someone is not actively participating, a mask should be worn. Masks should always be covering your nose, mouth, and chin.
Lastly, now that staff will be checking both vaccination policies as well as registration lists, line ups at the door will be inevitable. Please be kind and be patient. Staff will work to get everyone into the building as fast as they can. We understand many people feeling a level of exhaustion from COVID-19 that has nothing to do with the actual symptoms. We feel it too. Stay safe, stay healthy, and hopefully, restrictions can ease in the new year.