TRACK & OPEN SKATES
Starting out as an ice rink in 1982, the Zatzman Sportsplex is a place that's become quite familiar for hockey, ringette, figure skating, and speed skating kids and parents alike. Our rink is open year-round for rentals, with scheduled open skate opportunities in the Fall and Winter months.
Please note, our track closes during major events at our facility that require the full arena. Please check the calendar below, social media, and at the front desk for upcoming event dates.
Children 9 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times when using the track or attending public skates.
WALKING AND RUNNING TRACK
Our track is open year-round for those who like an indoor alternative for walking and running. Walkers and runners are welcome to bring strollers or walking poles on the track. The track schedule is as follows:
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Sunday the track free to use and is open to the public: No Membership or Day Pass required
Monday, Friday & Saturday the track is open to Members only- Non-Members may pay for a Day Pass to use the track.
The schedule runs from November 24, 2021 - March 31, 2022. There are no Public Skates following March 31st 2022 until the Fall Session.
- Mondays and Fridays – 10:30 – 11:50 a.m.
- Wednesdays – 4- 4:50 p.m.
- Saturdays – 1-1:50 p.m.
The adult skate fee is $7.00
Youth/Student/Senior skate fee is $5.00
The family skate fee is $14.00 (2 adults and all children 18 and under living at the same address)
Children 12 and under are required to wear a CSA-approved helmet. Children 9 and under must be accompanied by an adult on the ice at all times.
Public Skate Code of Conduct
For everyone’s safety, we strongly encourage all participants to wear a helmet.
Children ages 12 and under are required to wear a CSA approved helmet when on
- All participants must wear skates on the ice.
- Racing, weaving through skaters, games of tag and horseplay are not permitted.
- Skaters must skate with the flow of the group, not against.
- Backwards skating is limited to the center ice area.
- The roped off area is for small children, their parents/guardians and beginner
- Skating assistant devices are permitted in the roped off area only.
- Hockey sticks, pucks, and balls are not permitted on the ice.
- When the ice surface is to be cleaned, all participants must immediately vacate the
ice. Please remain off the ice until the machine has exited and the door is closed.
- No food or drink is permitted on the ice.
- The Zatzman Sportsplex reserves the right to limit the number of skaters and
activities on the ice to ensure the safety of all participants.
- Skaters must follow any directions from staff of the Zatzman Sportsplex. Those
acting inappropriately will be asked to leave the facility