SPORTSPLEX CHAMPIONS VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
A high-traffic facility like the Zatzman Sportsplex relies on the support of our fantastic volunteers! The Sportsplex Champions Volunteer Program is a new initiative at the Sportsplex, striving to build community within our facility.
Are you interested in building your professional skills? Maybe you're looking for a way to spend time in the facility and meet more people from your community. Apply to become a Sportsplex Champion today and join our team of enthusiastic individuals who care about community health.
APPLY TO VOLUNTEER TODAY
Ready to apply for a volunteer position at the Zatzman Sportsplex? Check out the volunteer position descriptions down below and fill out our volunteer application today and send to Elizabeth at email@example.com.
The Zatzman Sportsplex is a fun and safe place for youth to gather and participate in sport and recreation. As a Junior Leader, you’ll help staff run youth programs and day camps by supporting their work. Junior Leaders serve as responsible, knowledgeable members of our team who promote all of the good things about the Sportsplex. Junior Leaders also take care of the small stuff that staff may miss while running a busy day camp or youth program.
Junior Leader is the perfect position for youth who:
- Love sport and recreation and want an opportunity to build leadership experience in the field.
- Are interested in being a part of the Sportsplex community and meeting new people.
- Are keen and motivated to develop customer service and leadership skills.
As a driver of community engagement and active living in Dartmouth, the Zatzman Sportsplex offers a wide variety of programs that aim to serve all interests, ages, and abilities in our community. Program Assistants are responsible for helping the facility deliver engaging programs through offering support to our Sportsplex staff.
Program Assistant is the perfect position for anyone who:
- Is interested in sharing their experience or learning more about program coordination and community programming.
- Wants to meet more people in their community and help deliver better community programs in Dartmouth.
- Believes in the strong impact recreation has on health and wellness.
Some of the best memories of and the most exciting stories about the Zatzman Sportsplex involve major events. From the Christmas Craft Festival to concerts by international artists (like John Mellencamp and Bonnie Raitt!), events are the Sportsplex are fast-paced and get our whole community talking.
Integral to the success of our major events, Event Assistants are responsible for supporting staff in the setup and tear down of events. During events, Event Assistants are on-site to help guests find what they need around the facility and to ensure things go smoothly.
Event Assistant is the perfect position for anyone who:
- Loves the excitement and adrenaline of being involved in major events.
- Wants to share and build their special event experience.
- Enjoys working with the public and seeing special events happen in Dartmouth.
On the busiest days at the Zatzman Sportsplex, our Tour Guides and Greeters are customer service superstars who make facility users feel welcome. As a Tour Guide and Greeter, you’ll stay by the Welcome Desk and guide guests to their destination, whether it be a birthday party room or a specific fitness class. When users come into the facility for the first time, our Tour Guides and Greeters eagerly show them around and help them feel right at home.
Tour Guide and Greeter is the perfect position for anyone who:
- Wants to share or build their customer service skills and experience.
- Wants to get involved in their community and meet new people.
- Is a people person and loves working with the public.
- Is confident speaking to small groups.
- Always has a smile on their face and is ready to help us welcome the community to the Sportsplex.
- Can follow a tour script developed by the Sportsplex, but add their own humor and personality to make it special 😊.