Swimming and Aquatics
Swimming lessons and pool parties are a big part of many Dartmouth kids' childhood memories, with tons of people telling us the first waterslide they ever used was at the Sportsplex. Offering youth programs, adult and senior AquaFit classes, private swimming lessons, and more, our Aquatics Centre is fun for all ages and aims to help you switch up your activities and workouts.
Our Aquatics Centre is set to open with the rest of the facility (date TBA), with swimming lesson and other program registration opening March 4, 2019 (with an April start date). For now, check out the new features of our Aquatics Centre, complete with photos!
Our new Aquatics Centre features:
- A brand new waterslide, built by Aquatics by Westwind. This waterslide lands in a shallow flume area, which is perfect for young kids or those who aren't yet strong swimmers.
- Our classic green waterslide.
- A splash pad (perfect for kids who are waiting for their siblings to finish swimming lessons).
- A new therapy pool.
- Two pools -- one large and one small.
- A brand new Tarzan rope, built by Jeremy Delaney, one of the contractors who worked on the Sportsplex renovation project.
As for pool parties and private pool bookings, we'll have more information on this when we re-open. Stay up-to-date by subscribing to our newsletter!