Swimming and Aquatics
Swimming lessons and pool parties are a big part of many Dartmouth kids' childhood memories, with tons of people telling us the first waterslide they ever used was at the Sportsplex. Offering youth programs, adult and senior AquaFit classes, private swimming lessons, and more, our Aquatics Centre is fun for all ages and aims to help you switch up your activities and workouts.
Our Aquatics Centre is set to open with the rest of the facility (date TBA), with swimming lesson and other program registration opening March 4, 2019 (with an April start date). For now, check out the new features of our Aquatics Centre, complete with photos!
Our new Aquatics Centre features:
- A brand new waterslide, built by Aquatics by Westwind. This waterslide lands in a shallow flume area, which is perfect for young kids or those who aren't yet strong swimmers (min. 38" to ride).
- Our classic green waterslide open on certain weekend swims (min. 48" to ride and times available are marked with a star on the calendar).
- A splash pad (perfect for kids who are waiting for their siblings to finish swimming lessons).
- A new therapy pool.
- Two pools -- one large and one small.
- A brand new Tarzan rope, built by Jeremy Delaney, one of the contractors who worked on the Sportsplex renovation project.
Download our program guide for the full pool schedule:
Family swims require ALL children and youth (15 and under) to have a parent or guardian in the pool
Open swims require all children (9 and under) to have a parent or guardian in the pool.
Adults are defined by our Aquatics Centre as 16+ (this is different from our facility/membership youth age, which is 18 and under).
*Please note: Green slide is open during swims marked with a star (*).