Vaccine Policy Update
As per the Provincial Government, Phase 5 will begin on September 15, followed by the implementation of a Vaccine Policy on October 4 for all non-essential businesses, including recreational centres like the Sportsplex.
To address the gap in time between these two dates and ensure a safe and seamless transition, the Sportsplex will not be moving into Phase 5 until October 4.
Between September 15 and October 3, we will continue to operate under Phase 4 restrictions.
Starting October 4:
- Everyone 12 and older entering the facility must provide proof of vaccination or a valid doctor note for vaccine exemption.
- Activities will not need to be booked ahead of time through MyRec, except for Spin, Squash, Racquetball, Adult Swimming Lessons, and Tri-Fit.
- Physical distancing will not be required.
- We will strongly encourage you to continue to wear a mask when not working out/participating in an activity.
- Restrictions on the number of people allowed in one area will be removed.
- Spectators will be allowed.
- Day passes will return. Passes that expired while restrictions were in place will be extended.
- Punch cards will return. Punch cards that expired while restrictions were in place will be extended.
- The therapy pool will be open.
- We are working on getting childminding up and running, stay tuned for a return date.
More details on how this will be monitored and implemented will become available as the province releases more information.
If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.