Re-Opening Update - Stage 3
On Monday, July 20 the Sportsplex will be entering Stage 3 of our re-opening plans.
Starting Summer Day Camps
- Campers will be in separate groups of no more than 8 or 9 children and their camp counsellors.
- Campers will remain with their same group the entire week.
- We have designated several spaces throughout the building for day camps, so each group will have their own home-base. Camp groups will not intermix.
- Rooms that are large enough to hold two groups of campers will be divided and blocked off to ensure the two groups do not intermix.
- Each home-base will have a sanitization station available for the campers to use.
Re-Opening the Pool
- The pool will initially be available for day camps, lane swims, fitness times, and family swim bookings.
- Activities within the pool must be booked online through your MyRec account.
- The pool locker rooms will be available for you to change in.
- Showers will not be available at this time. You will not be able to rinse off before your swim, and you must go home to shower after your swim.
- A limited number of lockers will be available to store your possessions while maintaining physical distancing.
- Change rooms will be disinfected between every booking time.
- We ask that everyone adheres to the rules that will be posted on the pool deck. These rules are also available in our Re-Opening Guide on our website.
With these two new changes, we will continue to monitor facility usage and create more spaces for people when and where it is possible.
Future updates will be available based on recommendations from Public Health about:
- The re-opening of the arena.
- Dry locker room usage and use of showers.
- Drop in services vs. booking online.