Sportsplex Update June 17, 2020
We are excited to confirm that the Sportsplex will be re-opening, under significant restrictions, on Wednesday June 24, 2020. We can’t wait to see people back in the facility being active and having fun!
We will be providing two documents, a FAQ sheet, and a Re-Opening Guide, with a lot of information. These documents are live and will be updated as we gain more insight and more forward with re-opening. Our website pages will also be updated to reflect how we will be operating under these new restrictions in the coming days.
- The facility will be open weekdays from 8 a.m. – 8: p.m. It will be closed on weekends until the weekend of July 11 and 12. Specific weekend hours will be announced on Friday July 3.
- During this first stage of opening the following features will be available: The track, the fitness centre, courts for racquetball, squash and pickleball, fitness classes, and some family bubble times in the gymnasium.
- The pool, arena, and child minding will not be available.
- While washrooms will be available, all locker rooms will be closed. You must come dressed and ready to participate in your chosen activity.
- All entries to the facility must be booked in advance, online, through your MyRec account. The booking system will be available starting at 9 a.m. on Monday June 22.
- Anyone who has not pre-booked a time and simply shows up to the facility will be turned away.
- For the first two weeks only people who were members when we were forced to close in March will be able to book spaces. It is important for us to have time to test our new systems and procedures with a controlled audience.
- There will be no charge for booking activities during the first two weeks.
- You will be able to book 7 days in advance for a time slot. Initially all timeslots will be for 1 hour.
- Starting on July 6 anyone in the community can book an activity.
- The cost will be $5.00 (HST incl.) for a visit and must be paid online, at the time of booking.
- For those who had memberships when we closed due to the pandemic the cost will be $3.00. (HST incl.).
- The only exception to these prices will be the walking track, which will remain free, and family bookings in the gymnasium which will be offered at $10.00 starting July 8.
- As the services and times of what we can offer are limited, we are not restarting anyone’s membership or payments at this time. We do not anticipate having enough services available to make a membership worthwhile until September 2020 at the earliest. We will provide an update in mid-August about this.
- Punch passes cannot be used at this time as all bookings must be done on-line. As the restrictions ease, we will be able to accept payments at the desk. Once we can do that, we will be able to accept punch passes again.
For more information check out our FAQ, and our Re-Opening Guide.
Our phone lines will be manned and open if you have questions:
- Thursday June 18: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Friday June 19: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Monday June 22: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Tuesday June 23: 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Starting on Wednesday June 24 phone lines will be open when the facility is open, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Monday through Friday. Once the facility opens on weekends (Saturday July 11) the lines will be open on the weekends as well.
Updates on the swimming pool, use of the locker rooms, child minding, summer camp, or the arena will be provided on our Wednesday updates as soon as more information is available.