PHASE 5 BEGINS MONDAY, OCTOBER 4
Phase 5 of Nova Scotia’s reopening begins on Monday.
- Starting Monday, October 4 everyone 12 and over will be required to show proof of vaccination to enter the facility or an official doctor’s note that provides an exemption.
- An official ID will be required along with proof of vaccination.
- There is a grace period for children just turning 12, please refer to the Provincial Government Vaccine Policy for more information.
- The Sportsplex has hired private security to check vaccines while we adjust to this new process. Please expect to see them at the entrance of the building starting Monday.
- The Sportsplex has the right to ask for proof of vaccination or proof of age from anyone who looks to be 12 or older.
- We will not be keeping any sort of database of vaccination status, so proof of vaccination will be required each time you enter the facility.
- Based on recent provincial updates, non-medical facemasks will continue to be required when not actively participating in an activity or working out. Head to our website to review our mask policy.
- In a previous update, we stated the Sportsplex would need one week to phase out the booking requirements through MyRec. Bookings will remain in place for October 4 – 6. Starting Thursday, October 7, booking activities will no longer be required.
- Booking will remain in place for Spin, Squash & Racquetball Courts, Adult Swimming Lessons, and Tri-Fit.
- We are working to bring childminding and Teen Takeover back, please stay tuned.
- Day passes and punch passes will be sold beginning Thursday, October 7.
- You will be welcome to sit and socialize in our public seating areas, but masks must continue to be worn. Food and drink will not be permitted at this time.
- The upcoming Craft Show is considered a special event, not mandatory retail. Proof of vaccination will be required.
- Beginning Monday, October 4, arena rentals will be permitted access to the rink 30 minutes before their booking, and able to stay 30 minutes after the end of their rental.
- Recognized businesses, organizations, or individuals with arena rentals are required to check proof of vaccination for all people involved in their rental, including spectators.
- Change rooms will return to full capacity and social distancing regulations will be removed.
- We’re working to get the therapy pool up and running for the following week.
Please remember the vaccine policy is mandated by the government. If you have concerns with the policy, direct them to your government officials. Sportsplex staff will not be able to make changes or exceptions to this policy for you.