Changes in Limitations and Restrictions
We’ve received many questions on how recent COVID-19 Restriction updates from the provincial government will impact the Sportsplex activities and programs. We’ve been working on how we can safely operate within these changes and have the following information to share:
- The number of people in fitness classes will remain at 9. The new rules do not apply to fitness classes, so we are not able to expand on numbers.
- The return of open swims is coming, we are working out details and will announce when these will begin again.
- We will not immediately increase lane swim participants. We are looking at increasing these numbers and will update you when we do.
The new updates largely impact organized sports and their ability to have spectators. We will be allowing spectators for organized sports in the arena IF the individuals/organizations renting the ice want to allow spectators. There are several restrictions and procedures that will follow if they choose to allow spectators, and it will be up to each individual rental to decide if they wish to take this on. We have sent out Arena Spectator Guidelines to the individuals/organizations who rent with us.
For those of you with children enrolled in programs at the Sportsplex, the following rules are in place:
- Everyone must check-in at the main entrance and the program participant will be checked off on the class list.
- The parent/chaperone must enter at the same time as the program participant.
- Both the program participant and the parent/chaperone will answer the COVID-19 screening questions that are posted at the entrance of the facility and will follow all instructions.
- Entry will only be permitted 15 minutes prior to the start of the program.
- Only one parent/chaperone will be permitted to enter the facility to accompany the program participant. Siblings/other children will not be permitted to enter.
- Parents/chaperones must always wear a mask and physically distance from others. Masks will not be required to be worn on the pool deck while observing the program participant’s class.
- Program participants and parents/chaperones will not be permitted in other areas of the facility.
- Food and/or drinks are not permitted for parents/chaperones. This is to ensure that masks are always worn. Program participants are able to bring a water bottle to their class.
- Parents/chaperones will not be permitted re-entry into the facility. You must always stay in the designated observation area, other than to use the washroom, while the participant is in the program.
- Program participants and parents/chaperones will need to leave the facility promptly after the program is over. Aquatic participants are able to shower and change.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during these challenging times.