SWIMMING & AQUATICS
Swimming lessons, open swims, and pool parties are a big part of many Dartmouth kids' childhood memories, with tons of people telling us the first waterslide they ever used was at the Sportsplex. Offering youth programs, Aquafit classes, private swimming lessons, and more, our Aquatics Centre is fun for all ages!
Click the sections below to learn more about our pool area and what we offer. Any questions about our pools or swimming lessons? Contact Ryan Kemp, Aquatics Coordinator at 902.490.3018 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that due to COVID-19 we are restricted the programming we can offer in the Aquatics Centre. All activities must be booked ahead of time to secure your spot, space is limited.
As of Spetember 8, 2020 we will have the following to offer:
- Lane Swims
- Family Swims in the small pool
- Individual fitness time in the small pool
- Deep Water Aquafit
- Swimming Lessons
The following programs are currenty unavailable, but we are looking for ways to be able to offer them safely, please check our social meida for updates:
- Teen Takeover
- Birthday Parties
- Pool Rentals
- Open Swims/Adult Open Swims
Our new Aquatics Centre features:
- A brand new waterslide, built by Aquatics by Westwind. This waterslide lands in a shallow flume area, which is perfect for young kids or those who aren't yet strong swimmers (min. 38" to ride).
- Our classic green waterslide open on certain weekend swims (min. 48" to ride and times available are marked with a star on the calendar).
- A splash pad (perfect for kids who are waiting for their siblings to finish swimming lessons).
- A new therapy pool (hot tub).
- Two pools (large, deep pool and small training pool).
- A brand new Tarzan rope, built by Jeremy Delaney, one of the contractors who worked on the Sportsplex renovation project.
- Family swims require ALL children and youth (15 and under) to have a parent or guardian in the pool.
- Open swims require all children (9 and under) to have a parent or guardian in the pool swimming with them.
- Parent & tot swims are for children ages 5 and under and one or both parents / guardian(s) in the pool with them. The cost is $7 for one or both parents / guardian(s) and tot.
- Adults are defined by our Aquatics Centre as 16+ (this is different from our facility/membership youth age, which is 19+).
We have three locker rooms off the pool deck—one male, one female, and a large universal changing room.
Each locker room has both coin-operated and bring-your-own-lock lockers. Coin-operated lockers accept loonies.
Looking to book the pool for a large group / day camp? Please contact Ryan Kemp at email@example.com for availability. Group rates are available by purchasing 10-use punch cards for your whole group (each card will be valid for 10 kids / youth). Camp counselors and support workers get free admission.
Check out our new waterslide, Aqua Climbing Walls, and more in this video!