Swimming lessons and pool parties are a big part of many Dartmouth kids' childhood memories, with tons of people telling us the first waterslide they ever used was at the Sportsplex. Offering youth programs, Aquafit classes, private swimming lessons, and more, our Aquatics Centre is fun for all ages!
Click the sections below to learn more about our pool area and what we offer. Any questions about our pools or swimming lessons? Contact Ryan Kemp, Aquatics Coordinator at 902.490.3018 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our new Aquatics Centre features:
- A brand new waterslide, built by Aquatics by Westwind. This waterslide lands in a shallow flume area, which is perfect for young kids or those who aren't yet strong swimmers (min. 38" to ride).
- Our classic green waterslide open on certain weekend swims (min. 48" to ride and times available are marked with a star on the calendar).
- A splash pad (perfect for kids who are waiting for their siblings to finish swimming lessons).
- A new therapy pool (hot tub).
- Two pools (large, deep pool and small training pool).
- A brand new Tarzan rope, built by Jeremy Delaney, one of the contractors who worked on the Sportsplex renovation project.
Bronze Medallion - Three Day Course
July 29 - 9 a.m. -5 p.m.
July 30 - 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
July 31st 9 a.m. - noon
Course code: 12545
$113 tax inc.
Bronze Cross - Three Day Course
July 31 - 1 - 5 p.m.
August 1 - 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
August 2 - 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Course code: 12546
$113 taxes inc.
National Lifeguard Course - Week Long Course
August 19 - 24 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. daily.
Course code: 12531
$247 taxes inc.
Swim For life Instructor - Three Day Course
August 12 - 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
August 13 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
August 14 9 a.m. - noon
Course code: 12598
$206 taxes inc.
Lifesaving Instructor - Three Day Course
August 14 - 1 - 5 p.m.
August 15 - 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
August 16 - 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Course code: 12601
$180 taxes inc.
- Family swims require ALL children and youth (15 and under) to have a parent or guardian in the pool.
- Open swims require all children (9 and under) to have a parent or guardian in the pool swimming with them.
- Parent & tot swims are for children ages 5 and under and one or both parents / guardian(s) in the pool with them. The cost is $7 for one or both parents / guardian(s) and tot.
- Adults are defined by our Aquatics Centre as 16+ (this is different from our facility/membership youth age, which is 19+).
We have three locker rooms off the pool deck—one male, one female, and a large universal changing room.
Each locker room has both coin-operated and bring-your-own-lock lockers. Coin-operated lockers accept loonies.
Looking to book the pool for a large group / day camp? Please contact Ryan Kemp at email@example.com for availability. Group rates are available by purchasing 10-use punch cards for your whole group (each card will be valid for 10 kids / youth). Camp counselors and support workers get free admission.