SWIMMING & AQUATICS
Swimming lessons and pool parties are a big part of many Dartmouth kids' childhood memories, with tons of people telling us the first waterslide they ever used was at the Sportsplex. Offering youth programs, Aquafit classes, private swimming lessons, and more, our Aquatics Centre is fun for all ages!
Click the sections below to learn more about our pool area and what we offer. Any questions about our pools or swimming lessons? Contact Ryan Kemp, Aquatics Coordinator at 902.490.3018 or email@example.com.
Due to the restrictions in place around COVID-19, we are not able to offer drop ins to the pool, open swims, or Teen Takeover.
Current programming in the pool includes:
- Lane swims (8 people total, one per lane)
- Family Swims (one family in each half of the small pool, two families max)
- Swimming Lessons
- Individual Fitness Times (we do not have fitness classes available in the pool yet)
- Aquatic Leadership Courses
Lane swimming, family swims, and individual finess times can all be registered for online through HRM MyRec under Drop In Bookings. Swimming lessons, and Aquatic Leadership Courses can be booked online through HRM MyRec under Seach for Courses.
Our new Aquatics Centre features:
- A brand new waterslide, built by Aquatics by Westwind. This waterslide lands in a shallow flume area, which is perfect for young kids or those who aren't yet strong swimmers (min. 38" to ride).
- Our classic green waterslide open on certain weekend swims (min. 48" to ride and times available are marked with a star on the calendar).
- A splash pad (perfect for kids who are waiting for their siblings to finish swimming lessons).
- A new therapy pool (hot tub).
- Two pools (large, deep pool and small training pool).
- A brand new Tarzan rope, built by Jeremy Delaney, one of the contractors who worked on the Sportsplex renovation project.
- Family swims require ALL children and youth (15 and under) to have a parent or guardian in the pool.
- Open swims require all children (9 and under) to have a parent or guardian in the pool swimming with them.
- Parent & tot swims are for children ages 5 and under and one or both parents / guardian(s) in the pool with them. The cost is $7 for one or both parents / guardian(s) and tot.
- Adults are defined by our Aquatics Centre as 16+ (this is different from our facility/membership youth age, which is 19+).
We have three locker rooms off the pool deck—one male, one female, and a large universal changing room.
Each locker room has both coin-operated and bring-your-own-lock lockers. Coin-operated lockers accept loonies.
Looking to book the pool for a large group / day camp? Please contact Ryan Kemp at firstname.lastname@example.org for availability. Group rates are available by purchasing 10-use punch cards for your whole group (each card will be valid for 10 kids / youth). Camp counselors and support workers get free admission.
Check out our new waterslide, Aqua Climbing Walls, and more in this video!