DAY CAMPS & YOUTH PROGRAMS
Your child’s safety is our top priority. We are implementing several rules and restrictions to help keep campers and staff safe:
- Day Camps will be operating in groups with a 10:1 camper/counsellor ratio.
- Additional camp staff will be on-site to assist.
- Masks are no longer required for campers, but those who opt to wear them are encouraged to do so.
- If a camper becomes sick or displays any symptoms of COVID-19, parents/guardians will be contacted, and the camper must be picked up within the hour.
- Staff and campers must practice proper personal hygiene etiquette (e.g. coughing/sneezing into your elbow, covering nose/mouth with tissues, avoiding touching the face, etc.)
- Increased disinfecting protocols are in place throughout the entire building.
If you have any concerns or questions regarding the safety measures the Sportsplex has in place to help keep your children safe, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.
Upcoming In-Service Day Camps
Come join us at the Zatzman Sportsplex for a day of fun! In-service day camp includes sports, games, arts & crafts, swimming, and other fun activities! Campers are sure to be tired at pick up.
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
$26.25/Day (Members) | $35/Day (Non-Members)
Ages 5 1/2 - 11 (Campers 5 years 6 months of age must be in Primary.)
We have In-Services Day Camps on the following dates:
June 29th | Course Code 00060003
To register, login to Halifax MyRec and register using the course code for the date you have chosen.
Epic Themed Camps
These camps are for kids aged 5 ½ - 10 years. This camp takes you on a fun adventure that includes swim time, and theme-based activities. Children must have attended Grade Primary in the past school year 2022/23. (Pre-primary students do not qualify).
- July 3 – 7, 2023: Lights, Camera, Action: Hollywood Theme Camp 00067666
- July 10 – 14, 2023: Splash into Adventure: Under the Sea Camp 00067667
- July 17 – 21, 2023: Rock & Rollin’: Music Theme Camp 00067668
- July 24 – 28, 2023: Mother Nature: The Great Outdoors Theme Camp 00067669
- July 31 – Aug 4, 2023: Weird Science: Science/STEM Camp 00067670
- Aug 7 – 11, 2023: The Final Frontier: Space Theme Camp 00067671
- Aug 14 – 18, 2023: Game On! Sports Theme Camp 00067672
- Aug 21 – 25, 2023: World Travellers: Around the World Theme Camp 00067673
- Aug 28 – Sept 1, 2023: Zatzman Presents: Carnival Theme Camp 00067674
City Explorers Camp
For children aged 11 – 13 years old. Campers will explore HRM through daily offsite excursions such as hikes, beach days, and visiting local museums. It is structured so that kids are outside and on the move as much as possible. This is weather permitting, with indoor excursions planned for inclement weather.
- July 3 – 7, 2023: 00069146
- July 10 – 14, 2023: 00069147
- July 31 – Aug 4, 2023: 00069148
- Aug 7 – 11, 2023: 00069149
- Aug 28 – Sept 1, 2023: 00069150
$172.50/week (members) | $230/week (non-members)
Junior Leadership Camp
For teenagers 13 – 16 years old. It provides essential training for future recreation opportunities. Participants in this camp will have hands on training with our summer camp counsellors. They will have an opportunity to take First Aid/CPR and WHMIS Training with our qualified staff.
- July 17 – 21, 2023: 00069151
- Aug 14 – 18, 2023: 00069152
$217.50/week (members) | $290/week (non-members)
We offer early drop-off and late pick-up options for our Summer Camps. $13.50 for members or $18 for non-members. Early drop-off is 7:30 - 8:30 AM Late pick-up is 4:30 - 5:30 PM Select early drop-off or late pick-up when registering for your Summer Camp on Halifax MyRec.
Camps are 8:30am - 4:30pm Monday - Friday
All of our day camps include swimming, open gym, arts & crafts and games! We have two snack times and a lunch break. Campers are sure to be tired at pick up!