Zatzman Sportsplex CHILDMINDING SERVICE
Childminding is available:
|Mondays||9:00am - 12:00pm|
|Tuesdays||5:00pm - 8:00pm|
|Wednesdays||9:00am - 12:00pm|
|Thursdays||5:00pm - 8:00pm|
|Saturdays||9:00am - 12:00pm|
Please read all of this page's content for detailed information about our childminding service.
- Our childminding service operates on a 6:1 child:staff ratio.
- Childminding is available for children aged 3 months to 10 years 11 months.
- We provide age-appropriate toys, games, and coloring materials.
- It is the parents’/guardians’ responsibility to provide our staff with diapers.
- Our staff will feed your toddlers if required. Snacks are permitted in childminding for children.
- Electronics are permitted if provided by parents/guardians.
- The Zatzman Sportsplex is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged items.
Parents/guardians are required to register their child for childminding through Halifax MyRec bookings online or at our Welcome Desk.
How to register online:
- Go to Halifax MyRec
- Click "Drop in Bookings" on the left side panel.
- Under 'Facilities' select Zatzman Sportsplex
- Under 'Category' select 'Book a Childcare Timeslot'
- Under 'Activities' select 'ZSP Childminding'
- Select 'View Timetable'
- Select the date you wish to book for.
- Select the time you wish to book for.
- Select 'Buy now'; please see 'Childminding Cost' section below.
- Registration is open seven (7) days in advance for members and five (5) days in advance for non-members.
- Parents/guardians must remain at the facility.
- Bookings are in 90-minute intervals. They are as follows:
Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays 9:00am - 10:30am 10:30am – 12:00pm Tuesdays and Thursdays 5:00pm – 6:30pm 6:30pm – 8:00pm
- Registration must be completed prior to the start of the childminding session. Once a session begins, all bookings must be completed at the Welcome Desk if spaces are available.
- If a parent/guardian requires a second booking of childminding, they must be booked for both intervals. There is no additional charge for a second booking. If a child is not booked in the session, the parent/guardian must pick-up the child. If there is still a spot, they must speak with the Welcome Desk staff where they can book them manually into the session at the Reception Area.
- Please notify our staff of any allergies during daily sign in at our Welcome Desk. If your child requires special attention or additional support, please contact Tara Myra (902-490-2973 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jeff Green (902-490-3170 or email@example.com) prior to bookings so that we can determine if we can provide the necessary care.
- Childminding is no cost with a Family Membership or Youth Membership.
- Your Family Membership or Youth Membership card must be swiped upon entry.
- For children who are non-members, to access childminding you must purchase a Youth Day Pass for $7.00 (taxes included).
- With a Youth Day Pass, your child gains access to our facility for the duration of the day. If you wish to leave the facility and return later that day, you can visit our Welcome Desk and get a bracelet for reentry.
At the time of booking on Halifax MyRec, the charge will always be $0. Upon arrival to our facility, non-members must pay for their child's Youth Day Pass to access childminding.
There is no charge for childminding cancellation in advance. Please contact our Welcome Desk staff at 902-464-2600 ext. 0 prior to the start of a session if you need to cancel. There are no refunds/credits for this service after payment has been received by our Welcome Desk staff.
The Zatzman Sportsplex reserves the right to remove booking privileges for individuals who book and do not show.
When your child is dropped off at our Childminding room, you will be required to sign in with our staff. You must provide our staff with contact information so that you can be contacted while in the facility, as well as where you plan to be in the facility (pool, weight room, gym, etc.).
The Childminding staff will have a session list for each 90-minute interval. They have the right to refuse children if they are not on the list.
Your child must be picked up by the same person who signed them in to Childminding. If your partner is utilizing the facility with you, you will have to notify our staff, provide them with their information at drop-off. We will ask for Photo ID to identify them.
Your child must be picked up prior to the end time of your last 90-minute interval booking.
Please do not drop off children when they are feeling sick to avoid spreading the illness towards other children and/or staff.
If your child starts feeling sick, our staff will contact you and you will be required to pick them up immediately. Our staff have the right to refuse your children if they are visibly ill.