Welcome Desk Staff – Part Time
The Zatzman Sportsplex (formerly known as the Dartmouth Sportsplex) was built in 1982 and services as a family-focused health, fitness, and recreation complex in Dartmouth. Following a $25 million revitalization project, the Zatzman Sportsplex boasts new features such as a double gymnasium, new fitness centres and equipment, new welcoming community spaces, and so much more. In addition to the physical renovations, the facility also runs a large-scale community outreach and accessibility program to reduce barriers and ensure that everyone in our community can play at the Sportsplex.
Diversity is a primary value of the Zatzman Sportsplex. As an equal opportunity employer, we consider individual talents, skills, and unique perspectives to provide the best service to our vibrant community. Currently, the Zatzman Sportsplex is seeking several energetic people to serve as our Welcome Desk representatives, serving customers and potential customers at our Welcome Desk. This position involves:
· Welcoming customers to the facility and answering phones.
· Sales tasks (including processing registrations for facility passes, programs, products and services) and taking payments.
· Conducting facility tours.
· Delivering a high-quality, friendly, and welcoming customer experience.
· Good organizational, cash handling and balancing, and administrative skills.
· Monitoring of the parking lot.
We’re looking for individuals who:
· Are passionate about recreation and the impact it has on our community’s health.
· Have experience and are competent in using computer programs (such as e-mail, word processing programs, web based software, and spreadsheets).
· Have excellent communication and customer service skills (including written, in person, and over the phone).
· Thrive when multi-tasking.
· Understand the skill it takes to deliver stellar customer service.
· Can work a minimum of two shifts per week (flexible hours including morning, evening, and weekend shifts).
· Are efficient, detail oriented, and enjoy working with the public.
· Enjoy and thrive when working with people with diverse backgrounds and abilities.
Certification in CPR, AED, first aid, and WHIMIS are considered an asset (however we can provide this training to those who require it). Bilingualism (English along with Arabic, French, Swahili, or Mandarin) is considered an asset but is not a requirement.
This is a hands-on position and the successful candidates will work as part of the Welcome Desk team to create a diverse and superior customer experience. We offer a supportive work environment, flexible working schedules, and a staff facility access pass benefit. Please contact Kevin Fitzpatrick - Welcome Desk Supervisor. Interested candidates can apply by e-mail (preferred) with a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. If e-mail is not an option, applications can be mailed to:
Kevin Fitzpatrick – Welcome Desk Supervisor
110 Wyse Road
Dartmouth, N.S., B3A 1M2
Any questions can be directed to Kevin Fitzpatrick at (902) 464-2600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.