Welcome Desk Staff – Part Time
The Zatzman Sportsplex, built in 1982, is a family-focused health, fitness, and recreation complex that serves Dartmouth’s communities and all regions of the Halifax Regional Municipality. The facility hosts a variety of facilities and services including a double gymnasium, a large fitness centre, new welcoming community spaces, two swimming pools, an NHL sized arena with seating for 3,000 people and so much more. In addition, the facility also sponsors a large-scale community outreach and accessibility program to reduce barriers and ensure that everyone in our community can play at the Sportsplex.
Diversity is a primary value of the Zatzman Sportsplex. As an equal opportunity employer, we consider individual talents, skills, and unique perspectives to provide the best service to our vibrant community. Currently, the Zatzman Sportsplex is seeking energetic people to serve as our Welcome Desk representatives, serving customers and potential customers at our Welcome Desk. This position involves:
- Welcoming customers to the facility and answering phones.
- Sales tasks (including processing registrations for facility passes, programs, products and services) and taking payments.
- Conducting facility tours.
- Delivering a high quality, friendly, and welcoming customer experience.
- Good organizational, cash handling and balancing, and administrative skills.
- Monitoring of the parking lot.
We’re looking for individuals who:
- Are passionate about recreation and the impact it has on our community’s health.
- Have experience and are competent in using computer programs (such as e-mail, word processing programs, web based software, and spreadsheets).
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills (including written, in person, and over the phone).
- Thrive when multi-tasking.
- Understand the skill it takes to deliver stellar customer service.
- Can work a minimum of 2 shifts per week (flexible hours including morning, evening and weekend shifts).
- Are efficient, detail oriented, and enjoy working with the public.
- Enjoy and thrive when working with people with diverse backgrounds and abilities.
Certification in CPR, AED, first aid, and WHIMIS are required. Bilingualism (English along with Arabic, French, Swahili, or Mandarin) is considered an asset but is not a requirement.
This is a hands-on position and the successful candidates will work as part of the Welcome Desk team to create a diverse and superior customer experience. We offer a supportive work environment, flexible working schedules, and a staff facility access pass benefit. Please contact Michelle Harris - Welcome Desk Coordinator. Interested candidates can apply by e-mail (preferred) with a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org If e-mail is not an option, applications can be mailed to:
Michelle Harris – Welcome Desk Coordinator
110 Wyse Road
Dartmouth, N.S., B3A 1M2
Any questions can be directed to Michelle Harris at (902) 490 – 3283 or email@example.com.