Housekeeping and Porter Support
The Zatzman Sportsplex, built in 1982, is a family-focused health, fitness, and recreation complex that serves Dartmouth’s communities and all regions of the Halifax Regional Municipality. The former Zatzman Sportsplex offered an arena, running track, racquetball and squash courts, full fitness centre, two swimming pools, and various meeting spaces. In February 2019, the facility completed a major $25 million revitalization project, re-opening with new features such as a double gymnasium, new fitness centres and equipment, new welcoming community spaces, and so much more. In addition to the physical renovations, the facility also launched a large-scale community outreach and accessibility program to reduce barriers and ensure that everyone in our community can play at the Sportsplex.
Diversity is a primary value of the Zatzman Sportsplex. As an equal opportunity employer, we consider individual talents, skills, and unique perspectives to provide the best service to our vibrant community. Sportsplex is currently seeking a housekeeper and porter. This position involves:
- Cleaning of male and universal bath rooms and changing facilities.
- Setting up of rooms for functions.
- General cleaning duties around the building.
- Greeting customers in the facility and answering questions.
- Delivering a high quality, friendly, safe and welcoming customer experience.
- Following safe work procedures.
- Working well with others.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
This position is 40 hours/week. Shifts for this position are on a rotational basis: 3 days on, 3 evenings on, and 3 days off.
Please apply by email or by dropping off a resume:
Zatzman Sportsplex, 110 Wyse Road
Dartmouth, NS B3A 1M2
Ph: 902 490 3061