Building Supervisor / Daytime Lifeguard
Built in 1982, the Dartmouth Sportsplex is a large, family-focused health, fitness, and recreation complex serving all regions of the Halifax Regional Municipality. Recently completed a twenty-five million revitalization project, the facility includes a running track, racquetball and squash courts, full fitness centre, an arena, and two swimming pools—with a brand-new double gymnasium and welcoming community spaces. In addition to the physical renovations, the Zatzman Sportsplex is launching a large-scale community outreach and accessibility program to reduce barriers, ensuring that everyone in our community can play. The Zatzman Sportsplex is community-focused and values diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer, recognizing and embracing each person’s talents, skills, and individual perspectives. We strive to create the most comfortable experience for our vibrant community and staff.
We're seeking an energetic person to serve as our morning Building Supervisor and daytime lifeguard, helping to support our building and our aquatics department. This position involves:
- Providing building supervision and monitoring.
- Supporting all staff on duty and managing all gymnasium equipment set up and take down.
- Ensuring the quality and consistency of our programs and services.
- Supervising events and programs in our facility.
- Lifeguarding and teaching swimming lessons.
We’re looking for individuals who:
- Are passionate about recreation and the impact it has on our community’s health.
- Have leadership experience working in recreation, particularly in aquatics.
- Enjoy and thrive in leadership roles and are motivated to develop their leadership skills.
- Understand the skill it takes to deliver stellar customer service.
- Can work flexible hours, including regular night and weekend shifts.
- Are competent using e-mail, word processing programs, and spreadsheets.
- Are a certified lifeguard and swimming instructor (an asset), or are willing to go through the necessary certification process.
Preference will be given to candidates who have leadership experience, hold an NLS certification (or qualify to re-certify as a Lifeguard), and have experience supervising staff. This is a hands-on position and the successful candidate will work closely with the Aquatic Coordinator and Director of Programs and Services.
This is a part time position with the Zatzman Sportsplex. We offer a supportive work environment including flexible hours. Schedules are put out on a quarterly basis.
A detailed employer profile and job description are available by contacting the Ryan Kemp, Aquatic Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interested candidates can apply by e-mail (preferred) with a resume and cover letter to email@example.com before Thursday, May 30th 2019 or until the position is filled. If e-mail is not an option, applications can be mailed (or dropped off) to:
Ryan Kemp – Aquatic Coordinator
110 Wyse Road
Dartmouth, N.S., B3A 1M2
Any questions can be directed to Ryan Kemp at 902.490.3018 or firstname.lastname@example.org.