As we continue to navigate the pandemic, our services and accessibility will continue to change in an effort to deliver more services and programming to our community.
Here you can find information on how the Sportsplex is responding to COVID-19, from our Facemask Policy to our cleaning protocols.
As of Monday, October 4th, everyone 12+ coming into the Sportsplex must provide:
- Proof of Vaccination (two weeks must have passed since the second vaccination)
- Government ID
- Anyone who looks close to 12 could be asked to provide proof of age
- Online booking through MyRec for all activities is back to enforce physical distancing and number restrictions.
Facemasks remain mandatory. Please read the facemask policy below.
FACE MASK POLICY
Facemasks are mandatory.
NEW: Only medical and non-medical facemasks will be accepted at the Sportsplex. Bandanas, neck gaiters, balaclavas, clear plastic mouth shields, or items of clothing tied around the face will not be accepted. Face shields do not replace facemasks.
Masks are required in the facility when:
- Entering and exiting.
- In public areas like the locker rooms, washrooms, hallways, and meeting rooms.
- NEW: Masks must be worn in the fitness centre when moving between equipment and resting between sets. Masks can be removed when actively working out.
Masks are not required when:
- Playing a sport or participating in an activity.
- Working out in the fitness centre.
- Participating in a class.
- Children under the age of two do not have to wear a mask.
- Children aged three and four should wear a mask. If parents can’t get them to wear it, this will not be enforced.
- Persons who are unable to wear a mask for medical reasons, including those with intellectual disabilities who refuse to wear them, are exempt.
EXPECTATION OF PATRONS
We have implemented new procedures to keep our staff and patrons safe. But these measures will only work if everyone follows them and does their part. As patrons, you will also have responsibilities.
We expect you to:
- Not come into the facility if you have signs of COVID-19, such as fever, dry cough, tiredness, or aches and pains.
- Not come to the facility if you have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19.
- Clean any equipment before and after use.
- Be patient and kind with everyone. We are all learning about being active in the reopening environment and there is no reason to treat others badly.
- Wear a Mask and sanitize often.
COVID-19 CLEANING AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
The Zatzman Sportsplex is committed to the safety of our staff and customers. As such we have made changes in how we operate to help keep everyone safe.
- We have confirmed with our suppliers that our cleaning supplies are approved by Health Canada as effective against COVID-19.
- We have purchased ‘foggers*’ to help ensure that spaces are disinfected quickly and completely.
- The facility will be deep cleaned each night.
- All Housekeeping staff were provided with training on the new equipment and safety measures.
- Hand sanitizer is available when you arrive and throughout the building.
- Fountains can only be used to fill water bottles.
- Face masks are mandatory.
- We are happy to welcome you back, but the staff will not participate in handshakes or other physical contact.
- Persons placing others at risk will be asked to leave the facility.
*The Graco Sani Spray HP Cordless Airless Disinfectant Hand Sprayer delivers the proper atomization required to quickly and consistently coat surfaces to disinfect and sanitize efficiently. This will be used throughout the building including washrooms, Fitness Centre machines and items that require disinfectant after use.
The addition of the Graco Sani Spray HP 65 Electric Airless Disinfectant Sprayer with Hopper allows us to use it in bigger spaces for optimized time cleaning. The Hopper delivers the proper atomization required to quickly and consistently coat surfaces to disinfect and sanitize efficiently.