Accessing the Facility
To attend a class or activity within the Sportsplex, you must book your spot ahead of time, either in person at the Welcome Desk, or through MyRec, an online recreation portal used by recreation facilities within the HRM. You must register for classes and activities so we know how many people are in each section of the building, we must follow Provincial guidelines. Additionally, we use this process for contact tracing purposes.
Most activities and fitness classes (open swims, yoga, gymnasium time), must have each person attending register through their own account. This means that children will require their own separate accounts from their parents.
- MyRec Instructions, including creating an account, booking activities, registering for programs, and linking family accounts (required if you have a family membership and multiple people booking activities and classes).
- Members have the ability to book activities 7 days in advance, free of charge. Non-members can book 5 days in advance, with a fee of $5.
- We do not have the capacity to take bookings for classes and activities over the phone or through email. It must be online, or in person at the welcome desk.
- Punch passes and day passes are not available or accepted right now, as they are not compatible with our contact tracing measures.
- Every activity or class must be booked ahead. Yes, including that one you're thinking about right now!
- Patrons will be allowed into the facility 10 - 15 minutes before their booked activity/class.
Masks are Mandatory. Read our facemask policy here.
We post updates on our reopening on our social media pages, as well as the What's New section of our website.
EXPECTATION OF PATRONS
We have implemented new procedures to keep our staff and patrons safe. But these measures will only work if everyone follows them and does their part. As patrons, you will also have responsibilities.
We expect you to:
- Not come into the facility if you have signs of COVID-19, such as fever, dry cough, tiredness, or aches and pains.
- Not come to the facility if you have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19.
- Not come to the facility if you have travelled outside the Province within the last 14 days.
- Remain 6-feet from others. Be aware of your surroundings and ensure everyone is always able to physically distance.
- Clean any equipment before and after use.
- Respect bookings and timeslots. You will not be permitted to enter the facility if you have not booked a time slot. You may enter the facility 15-minutes start of your booking, and you must leave the facility no later than 15 minutes after your booking is complete.
- You must participate in the activity or class you booked. Do not book time on the walking track, and then decide you're going to use the fitness centre.
- Do not book multiple activities at once, and then decide later that you are only going to show up to the one you feel like doing. You are actively taking away a chance for someone else to participate in an activity.
- If you can not make a class or activity, please cancel. You can do this through MyRec, under the "View My Bookings" tab.
- Be patient and kind with everyone. We are all learning about being active in the reopening environment and there is no reason to treat others bady.
- Wear a Mask and sanitize often.
COVID-19 CLEANING AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
The Zatzman Sportsplex is committed to the safety of our staff and customers. As such we have made changes in how we operate to help keep everyone safe.
- We have confirmed with our suppliers that our cleaning supplies are approved by Health Canada as effective against COVID-19.
- We have purchased ‘foggers*’ to help ensure that spaces are disinfected quickly and completely.
- The facility will be deep cleaned each night.
- All Housekeeping staff were provided with training on the new equipment and safety measures.
- Hand sanitizer is available when you arrive and throughout the building.
- All bookings and payments must be completed online through MyRec or at the Welcome Desk. This is for contact tracing and population control within the facility.
- We have placed plexiglass shields at the welcome desk.
- We have reduced our hours of operation.
- We have scheduled cleaning times between activity time slots to disinfect spaces and equipment.
- We have modified traffic patterns in the building to help encourage physical distancing
- We have signage throughout the building reminding patrons to physical distance and stay home if feeling sick.
- Fountains can only be used to fill water bottles.
- All social and seating areas will be blocked off.
- Face masks are mandatory.
- We are happy to welcome you back, but the staff will not participate in hand shakes or other physical contact.
- Persons placing others at risk will be asked to leave the facility.
*The Graco Sani Spray HP Cordless Airless Disinfectant Hand Sprayer delivers the proper atomization required to quickly and consistently coat surfaces to disinfect and sanitize efficiently. This will be used throughout the building including washrooms, Fitness Centre machines and items that require disinfectant after use.
The addition of the Graco Sani Spray HP 65 Electric Airless Disinfectant Sprayer with Hopper allows us to use it in bigger spaces for optimized time cleaning. The Hopper delivers the proper atomization required to quickly and consistently coat surfaces to disinfect and sanitize efficiently.
COVID-19 GUIDELINE DOCUMENTS
- Read our face-mask requirement here.
- Read our COVID-19 Room Rental Guidelines here.
- Read our COVID-19 Arena Rental Guidelines here.
- Read our COVID-19 Arena Spectator Guidelines here. (Spectators are currently not permitted in the Sportsplex.)
- Read our COVID-19 Gymnasium Rental Guidelines here.
- Read our COVID-19 Open Skate Guidelines here.
Here are our former documents for previous stages of our COVID-19 response.
The arena is open for rentals and open skates.
Open Skate Schedule
- Monday & Friday: 10:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Wednesday: 4 - 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 1 - 2 p.m.
There is a maximum of 24 participants allowed in an open skate.
Read our COVID-19 Open Skate Guidelines here.
Read our COVID-19 Ice Rental Guidelines here.
Read our COVID-19 Spectator Guidelines here. (Spectators are currently not permitted in the Sportsplex).
Access to the track is free to book on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday. If you do not have a membership to the Sportsplex, Monday, Friday, and Saturday will have a drop-in fee of $5.
Track bookings are an hour long each, with a maximum of 8 people per booking. The track schedule is available here.
From October 23, 2020 - March 21, 2021, the track will be closed at the following times for hockey games:
- Friday 6:45 – 9 p.m.
- Saturday 3:45 - 8 p.m.
- Sunday 11:45 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
The activity schedule for the gymnasium is available here.
Patrons are required to bring in their own equipment (racquets, basketballs, volleyball, etc). Sportsplex staff will set up any nets that are required for your activity or rental.
Our squash and racquetball courts are open and available for booking. Please find the schedule for the courts here. Patrons must bring all of their own equipment.
The aquatics department is currently offering:
- Aquatic Leadership Training
- Swimming Lessons
- Lane Swims (1 person per lane maximum)
- Parent & Tot Swims
- Leisure Swims
- Open Swims
- Deep Water (Fitness Class)
- Jr. Guard
Click here for our aquatics schedule.
Click here for information on pool rentals. (Not currently being offered due to COVID-19 restrictions)
The hot tub and the rock walls are currently not open. Patrons will need to bring their own flutter board/equipment. The Sportsplex is currently not able to loan these out.
When booking fitness centre time through MyRec, you will notice that access to the centre is divided into hour blocks. You may book as many hour blocks as you need to complete your workout. Please only book what you are going to attend. If you cannot make your workout, remember to cancel it through MyRec. You can do this under the "View My Bookings" tab.
Our staff is constantly cleaning and disinfecting the facility, but please remember to clean the machines before and after use.
Click here for the fitness centre page.
Fitness classes have a maximum capacity of 9, plus the instructor, for a total of 10 people in the class. This is following provincial guidelines around COVID-19.
Our fitness class schedule can be found here.