As we continue to navigate the pandemic, our services and accessibility will continue to change in an effort to deliver more services and programming to our community.
Here you can find information on how the Sportsplex is responding to COVID-19, from our Facemask Policy to all of the steps we have taken to navigating opening and operating during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- ALL activities must be booked ahead of time, we do not accept walk-ins.
- Face Masks are mandatory (read our policy below)
- As of April 1, 2021, our regular memberships are returning
- The hot tub is not open
- Teen Takeover is currently not running
- There are no birthday party packages, but pool rentals are available
FACE MASK POLICY
The Province announced that as of Friday, July 31, 2020, masks would be mandatory in public spaces. This new rule will impact the Sportsplex. Here’s how:
Everyone entering the Sportsplex will be required to wear masks. There are a few exceptions.
- Children under the age of 2 do not have to wear a mask.
- Children aged 3 & 4 should wear a mask, but if parents can’t get them to wear it, it will not be enforced.
- Persons who are unable to wear a mask for medical reasons, including those with intellectual disabilities if they refuse to wear them, are exempt.
- Day camp participants will not be required to wear masks.
Masks must be put on by patrons before entering the facility. If you do not have a mask on, the staff at the door will remind you that you need to be wearing one to enter. Masks must be worn everywhere around the facility except for when you are participating in your activity.
You DO have to wear a mask in:
- The entrance of the facility
- Meeting rooms
- Sitting on the pool deck
You do NOT have to wear a mask when:
- You are working out in the fitness centre
- You are participating in a fitness class
- Walking/running the track
- You are on the ice surface
- You are in one of the pools
- You are participating in an activity in the gymnasium or on the courts
When you have finished your activity, you will be required to put your mask back on and leave it on until you have left the facility.
Staff are also required to wear a mask around the facility, with the following exceptions:
- Staff are in their offices
- Staff are eating lunch in the staff room
Clear plastic face masks (see here) that do not seal over the mouth are approved by the Department of Health and are not accepted at the Sportsplex.
EXPECTATION OF PATRONS
We have implemented new procedures to keep our staff and patrons safe. But these measures will only work if everyone follows them and does their part. As patrons, you will also have responsibilities.
We expect you to:
- Not come into the facility if you have signs of COVID-19, such as fever, dry cough, tiredness, or aches and pains.
- Not come to the facility if you have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19.
- Not come to the facility if you have travelled outside the Province within the last 14 days.
- Remain 6-feet from others. Be aware of your surroundings and ensure everyone is always able to physically distance.
- Clean any equipment before and after use.
- Respect bookings and timeslots. You will not be permitted to enter the facility if you have not booked a time slot. You may enter the facility 15-minutes start of your booking, and you must leave the facility no later than 15 minutes after your booking is complete.
- You must participate in the activity or class you booked. Do not book time on the walking track, and then decide you're going to use the fitness centre.
- Do not book multiple activities at once, and then decide later that you are only going to show up to the one you feel like doing. You are actively taking away a chance for someone else to participate in an activity.
- If you can not make a class or activity, please cancel. You can do this through MyRec, under the "View My Bookings" tab.
- Be patient and kind with everyone. We are all learning about being active in the reopening environment and there is no reason to treat others bady.
- Wear a Mask and sanitize often.
COVID-19 CLEANING AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
The Zatzman Sportsplex is committed to the safety of our staff and customers. As such we have made changes in how we operate to help keep everyone safe.
- We have confirmed with our suppliers that our cleaning supplies are approved by Health Canada as effective against COVID-19.
- We have purchased ‘foggers*’ to help ensure that spaces are disinfected quickly and completely.
- The facility will be deep cleaned each night.
- All Housekeeping staff were provided with training on the new equipment and safety measures.
- Hand sanitizer is available when you arrive and throughout the building.
- All bookings and payments must be completed online through MyRec or at the Welcome Desk. This is for contact tracing and population control within the facility.
- We have placed plexiglass shields at the welcome desk.
- We have reduced our hours of operation.
- We have scheduled cleaning times between activity time slots to disinfect spaces and equipment.
- We have modified traffic patterns in the building to help encourage physical distancing
- We have signage throughout the building reminding patrons to physical distance and stay home if feeling sick.
- Fountains can only be used to fill water bottles.
- All social and seating areas will be blocked off.
- Face masks are mandatory.
- We are happy to welcome you back, but the staff will not participate in hand shakes or other physical contact.
- Persons placing others at risk will be asked to leave the facility.
*The Graco Sani Spray HP Cordless Airless Disinfectant Hand Sprayer delivers the proper atomization required to quickly and consistently coat surfaces to disinfect and sanitize efficiently. This will be used throughout the building including washrooms, Fitness Centre machines and items that require disinfectant after use.
The addition of the Graco Sani Spray HP 65 Electric Airless Disinfectant Sprayer with Hopper allows us to use it in bigger spaces for optimized time cleaning. The Hopper delivers the proper atomization required to quickly and consistently coat surfaces to disinfect and sanitize efficiently.
COVID-19 GUIDELINE DOCUMENTS
- Read our face-mask requirement here.
- Read our COVID-19 Room Rental Guidelines here.
- Read our COVID-19 Arena Rental Guidelines here.
- Read our COVID-19 Arena Spectator Guidelines here.
- Read our COVID-19 Gymnasium Rental Guidelines here.
- Read our COVID-19 Open Skate Guidelines here.
Here are our former documents for previous stages of our COVID-19 response.