What's New at the Zatzman Sportsplex?
Well, that's a loaded question! May 2017 saw the Sportsplex begin its most major renovation—and 18 months later, we're ready to show you everything we've been working on to make our programs and services the best they can be.
New features at the Zatzman Sportsplex include:
- A brand new gymnasium, with six basketball nets and two high school sized courts.
- A new waterslide.
- A splash pad for kids.
- Two in-pool climbing walls.
- A new therapy pool.
- Tons of new fitness equipment in our Fitness Centre, which overlooks our pool and Wyse Rd.
- Two refurbished squash and racquetball courts.
- A new childminding room that overlooks the Dartmouth Common and the Halifax Harbour.
- A brand new public art piece by Jordan Bennett.
- In-floor heating in the pool changing rooms.
- Three new fitness studios, two of which have sprung hardwood floors for comfort and effectiveness.
- Three new community and event rooms.
What's more, we've been working on making our facility a more inclusive, comfortable, and exciting place to be. Our new accessibility features include:
- Adult changing tables in every changing room.
- Accessible showers and changing rooms.
- The addition of a pool pod in our Aquatics Centre, allowing those who use wheelchairs to lower themselves into the pool with more ease.
- A new ramp in our small pool.
- More automatic doors with bigger activation buttons.